Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thinking on Southern Culture

Morning. Thinking about odd, complex things about Southern culture today. The football season has started again and it reminds me of a lot of stuff. When I was young the sports guys ruled big and us thin thinker types didn't have any chance, especially socially. All folks chased the holy grail of being with the marvelous whoop-ti-do athlete. I recall the disgusting bullying, the fiz ed mean souls who mentally cracked the whip on all of us slight guys. It is sad when a culture beats all this toughening up into you. I am ancient now. But deep down the rage lurks...the only thing that helps is religion. Thank you for good souls like Joel Osteen of Houston. I remember when I was about 13 I learned how to use my vocabulary to slight the ugly male and female sports bullies and to make them on edge. Their rejection of thinkers and unique souls may some day come back to haunt them, especially when they get older and the horrors of disease start hitting hard. I know this set of words is negative but I grow so tired of the disgusting rejections that have hit hard for so many decades. Please, let us have a glimmer of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.