Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jazz Guitar Hipness Is A Fun Experience!

Long, lilting jazz guitar lines really make me happy. Two elegant masters of mainstream jazz technique are Tal Farlow and Jimmy Raney. When they go off heavy into the merry world of the improv lines their music switches into a gear that is beguiling. Terrific good moods form in the cranium of elder statesmen like me upon hearing the good solid guitar work of Tal Farlow and Jimmy Raney. I like the picaresque aspects of the Raney style. But also I massively enjoy the myriad of mysterious intricacies Tal Farlow can conjure up. I especially dug a clever jazz joy...Farlow's rendition of the lovely tune, 'All of Me' today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.