Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Grandmother.....her inspiring music!

Another blog on my grandmother on my daddy's side.....The tiny woman told me so many stories about how she played the old-style music on the ancient organ in her little church out in the country. I could just hear the vibrant organ music sounds coming from this so talented woman who played by ear because she could not read music. I know the reason I grew to love jazz and big blues music was because of this lovely little woman and her huge musical influence on me. It makes a person feel so good when a person of your blood really loves you....the really young boy. That's what this dear woman of my clan was to me. A lady who taught me how to have loads and loads of passion. That's why I care so much about life and art and music now. Let us all now praise the wonderful women of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.