Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sonny Rollins...Poignant Sounds of Jazz

Jazz tenor saxophone people fascinate me. I think one of the most unique tenor voices is the clever older fella' Sonny Rollins. I listened today to this sly, big-toned sax guy blowing the intricate tune 'St. Thomas' and it was a huge thrill, a collage of sounds that mesmerize us all. This jazzy tune 'St. Thomas' is one of my top favorites. The piano styling of Kenny Drew was superb on this blowing session. Also I heard the sleek jazz tune 'Oleo' interpreted by our vigorous Mr. Sonny Rollins. That development of the composition 'Oleo' with its tricky bridges was so very fine. Jazz tenor sax music makes the mind feel so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.