Saturday, October 30, 2010

Temptations, Stevie Wonder: Genius Lives!

The Temptations and Stevie Wonder...musical artists that lift my soul. Oh my, yes! I have deep in my psyche all the excellent memories that come roaring back in me when I hear The Temps singing and dancing with the fantastic song 'My Girl' and when I hear the tremendous man Stevie Wonder doing the aching, beautiful number, 'For Once In My Life.' Believe me the marvelous flood of terrific emotions is so satisfying! The music of The 60s and 70s is so strong with an incredible emotional dynamic that can just totally engulf a man or woman. The music of what some call the Vietnam era is so aching and so poignant and yes profound that it is as if you had three huge prime rib entrees on your plate and you ate every single bite. I love the genius and the remarkable musical expressiveness of The Temptations and Stevie Wonder and today on this big event day (the birthday of my eldest son) indeed I am a tremendously happy man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.