Friday, October 29, 2010

Ray Brown , Gene Harris: Good Sounds

Great jazz bass work! That is the accomplishment of the mighty Ray Brown. Listened today to The Ray Brown Trio with the remarkable Gene Harris on piano. These guys played an absolutely awesome version of the classic tune, 'Summertime.' I have always liked the sound of fine jazz performers putting together truly engaging work on haunting ballads like 'Summertime.' The swing that Ray Brown maintains on the bass is terrific with its enchanting sound. I needed some jazz that could pick me up today and believe me, the Ray Brown Trio along with the superb Gene Harris on piano certainly did a wonderful job of fulfilling my needs. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.