Friday, August 13, 2010

Slam Stewart, Red Garland: Good Jazz Guys

This is a tasty fun day so I listened to some old-style jazz swing guys. The man who brightened my day was the elegant bassist, Slam Stewart. In his career his style had such delicious exactness that it enchanted most everyone. I heard his rendition of the good tune called 'Manhattan' and things were so right! Also I heard the very grand jazz piano work of the marvelous Red Garland today. The man's a bit more of a modernist but the guy can make a keyboard come delightfully to life. Enjoyed the Red Garland work on the feisty tune, 'Billy Boy.' The great jazz work of Slam Stewart and Red Garland has made me truly smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.