Friday, June 4, 2010

Blues man Luther Allison socks it to us!

Luther Allison is a somethin' else electric blues master. Oh, my, my. Good grief! What a profound genius. I heard him today and it was so wild, cuz the man honestly blew me away. He has music that's so potent, so powerful. I tell you listening to the feisty Luther Allison in the 'Live in Paris' album was tremendously dynamic. This man from Chicago has an amazing ability to really make the big blues happen. His guitar work and that muscle kind of a voice...well all that blend of joyful music just produces a sensational kind of ribald and I mean whoopee-good gigantic blues experience. My two favorite songs on this particular set were the super song from way back, 'My Babe' and also the incredible and so sly song, a number called 'Crazy Jealous.' What is this mysterious brand of music we call the Blues? It is hard to really encapsulate... all the fierce angst and raw emotion that are part of the good recipe in kickin' and meaningful bold Blues music. But men like the strong guy Luther Allison can certainly get the job done. I figure another icon who has the ability to make us want to jump up and dance the wild thing---the fantastic Buddy Guy---well he also can sure get the job done right. When you hear the muscular, edgy music of Luther Allison and also the sleekly clever Buddy Guy, well then it sends you off on a great kickin' trip into a vivid profound musical journey of good whoop-it-up experiences. Great BLUES can surely fix a soul up just right. It makes the whole core of the human just tingle in a maddening, delightfully superior way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.