Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hey, Everyone.....Happy Mother's Day!

A fantastic Happy Mother's Day to everyone! It has been a superb, so gorgeous day in my portion of the country, the great place that is known as Metro Atlanta. Son, daughter-in-law and son's two daughters invited us for a truly grand lunch today. Felt so magnificent when the girls showed me some of their marvelous art they had created in school. It is so fine when one realizes the young ones are getting into the splendid world of art just like yours truly. Perhaps, the remarkable scenarios of youthful Georgia O'Keefe and Pablo Picasso and of course Salvador Dali and Joan Miro will soon be theirs. Georgia O'Keefe is a grand joy. It is a good, enthralling essence this portion of our Southern cultural infrastructure that assists us in revving up the excitement and getting in there and truly enjoying Mother's Day. When I was a boy my grandfather and my father and mother took me to church and I will always remember seeing the proud men in their white shirts wearing the red flowers (mother living) and the white flowers (mother deceased). The culture of the South teaches us the intrinsic value and the deep passion that is an integral part of us and our relationship to our mothers and of course to our fathers, too. Indeed the great Atlanta newspaper columnist Celestine Sibley (a marvelous genius of a woman) used to write often about the delightful times with her mother, the one she called, "Muv." I recall many conversations I had with the grand one, the poignant and passionate Celestine Sibley. She taught me great things, like learning how to be good to all people and reaching out to everyone and yes, be friendly with everyone. Indeed Mother's Day is a day of wonderful love and passion and in a definitive sense it brings so much rich soulful flavor into our lives kind of like realizing the fresh, invigorating joy of encountering Mark Rothko or Alexander Calder art. Happiness is filling me up today and I am so tickled with the fact this has been a truly great Mother's Day. The Lord bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.