Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Diana Krall, Don DeLillo: Super Souls!

Diana Krall is the kind of modern vocalist who really knows how to frame a song. It is difficult to produce a sensitive, compelling and yes perhaps remarkable interpretation of a tune. However, Diana Krall makes the exciting process sound so smooth and virtually effortless. It is a superb thing also that she has a skillful sense of keyboard style but again her ways with grand vocal standards are so unique and sensual and sensitive. This cheery Tuesday with all its glorious joys and up times was indeed fabulous. But believe me the fact that I listened to Diana Krall today really helped the crafty codger known as me out in a huge way. Krall sings, 'Fly me to the Moon' and I am right there. NASA would love the Krall moon interpretation. The music of Diana Krall reminds me of the delightful sensory sensations of reading the highly skilled fiction artist, the incomparable Don DeLillo who really knows how to engage us with decisive, vigorous word magic. The first time I read the superior book, 'Underworld' by the amazing Don DeLillo it did indeed send me into tremendous intellectual delight. The man, DeLillo knows well how to work very hard and come up with what is a very great story. Well, in another cultural universe, Diana Krall also knows how to conjure up some fascinating musical art. What a grand and glorious day this Tuesday has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.