Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Smooth Jazz, Les Paul....Great Fun Today!

Smooth jazz can be so healing. Like So Elegant! Soothes the brain, so perfectly. I got into listening again to a marvelously inventive guitarist today, the great Les Paul. His style is so delightful in the sense he uses looping linear lines that slip effortlessly into the structures of so-clever jazz chromatic improvisational breakthroughs. He wows me with the great way he makes superb guitar innovation sound so smooth and easy. What a listener's delight. Today, I also got into sleek, good work from the clever guitar style fine-fellas, Russell Malone and Grant Green. It was so marvelous this afternoon with those grand guitar sounds bringing the healing magic of Smooth Jazz to life. Topped off the fun with sleek, listening happiness brought to me by the marvelous vocal tones of the magnificent, Diana Krall. What a wonderful Wednesday this is!

1 comment:

  1. Les Paul was amazing, and I am delighted to say that I have one of his (left handed) guitars which I bought over 12 years ago and it is a beauty.
    I do love to sit down and let my mind wander whilst playing some jazz.

    ReplyDelete

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.