Wednesday, April 14, 2010

'The Notebook' and the good man, N. Sparks

'The Notebook' is one of my favorite books. The author, Nicholas Sparks, knows how to put together a real good story. Some people think the prose of Nicholas Sparks is entirely too romantic. I don't agree because the fact is that his books are full of the intense "realness" that is a firm part of all our lives. I like his other books also. Especially, 'The Last Song' and 'Dear John.' Some thinkers feel it is not "cool" to like writers who have gained huge success. That's a lot of bull. There's nothing wrong with having a good time with a satisfying read like the marvelous Nicholas Sparks creates. I always enjoy a good John Grisham, too. And it amuses me that some sophisticates want to put down John Grisham and Nicholas Sparks. But let's all remember Sparks and Grisham know the fine formula for putting a good novel together. And that's wonderful. Let's think on Miley Cyrus, a good entertainment business person. Miley Cyrus and other people of the film world appreciate the stories of Nicholas Sparks and John Grisham. It always amazes me when I go into book stores how many women especially go looking for the latest Nicholas Sparks books. That's "cool." I know that it brings a lot of happiness into people's lives, especially getting a good cry from a well-done story like 'The Notebook.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.