Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas memories here in Georgia

Christmas is an exciting time for all of us. It has impact on each man, woman and child. I have so many memories of my two sons and seeing them grow up here in Stone Mountain, DeKalb County, Georgia. I especially recall the times when both sons were small and so thrilled with the Yuletide spirit and the wonderful trips to shopping malls and toy stores. My oldest son loved the toy department in a large Penney's store near us and my younger son loved all the sports things, especially the great memorable sports collectors items. And of course it was great to see the sons taking part in the church events like all the pageants and the singing sessions. The culture of those of us here in Georgia is enriched by so many interesting variables. It is good also that our culture has become more diverse with many more ethnic groups than was the case when I was a small child. Sports united me with my sons a lot for both of the guys loved soccer, basketball, football and softball. Also the younger son and I had so many marvelous trips to go see movies. I loved the way my sons both the older and the younger son truly enjoyed the huge magic that is the world of films. Most of all I have tried to inject lots of passion, meaning and human emotionalism into my boys. Now at this beautiful time of Christmas I confess that all the memories are overwhelming. But Christmas memories are such wonderful looks into the fascinating eyes of the human soul. The Lord bless us all during this exciting, pulsing cultural time that is LIFE here in the beautiful land of Georgia here in the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.