Saturday, August 29, 2009

The bliss of exciting piano jazz art

The keyboard sound is so exciting and filled with tremendous energy. A few nights ago I listened to some old King Cole Trio (some people don't realize Nat King Cole was also a fantastic piano man) and also some totally fascinating keyboard jazz from the great man from Canada, Oscar Peterson. This kind of brashness and sleek almost ultra-percussive stylin' is just a wild and wooley cool breeze if there ever was one. Kind of reminds me of the happy dipsy times long ago when I was in my teen years playing with a group. Two guitar buddies played some sizzling licks with the hardnosed impishness that basically strong vivid south Georgian fellas know how to do. Then when I heard Mr. Cole and Mr. Peterson the other night it just brought so many tons of wonderful memories. A friend once said I said the words oh my goodness and wonderful too many times but really sometimes those regular words tell the truly real story better than all the usual claptrap or mundane psycho babble. The boundless energy of good music helps so many of us. One friend of mine digs country sounds like those of Mr. Haggard and Mr. Cash. I try to stretch my brain capacity as much as possible because it feels so slick, yes indeed. So good. I read the brilliant prose of great wordsmiths like Elmore Leonard and V. Nabokov because they always have a tendency to remind me of the importance of tone. Yeah, it's not what you say cause sometimes it all comes back to the sound the human has. In other words what kind of vigorous jazz chorus are you creating. The weather is cool tonight and I am full of bliss knowing things are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.