Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day 2015 Ideas

AGAIN, it is Veterans Day.  This is the 2015 event.  I feel it is very hard to put into words this meaning of being a veteran.  Unless you have been there in a far country it is hard to explain the dynamics of the situation.  I am a veteran, but I was not in combat.  When I was in service I was in Okinawa, Japan.  But many of my best friends were in Nam.  Some of them had brutal times.  It is difficult to get the pseudo-intellectuals to grasp some of the bizarre aspects of the experiences of veterans.  The Americans who have been in the tough times of the Middle East had just as many harsh deals to undergo as those souls who dealt with Vietnam, Korea and WWII.  Let us listen to all our men and women of the U.S. Military.  Let us learn from the warriors who are here with us even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.