Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Emotions of Our American Culture

CALIFORNIA CHROME ...truly a remarkable horse.  Tonight I watched the very exciting running of the Belmont Stakes up in New York.  I found myself getting so energized.  I don't know when I have gotten so psyched up with emotion.  I found myself cheering wildly for California Chrome to win the Belmont.  When the race was over I thought about a myriad of emotions that came over me while watching my good tv. These thoughts piqued my curiosity.  I wonder why it is that when we Americans suddenly have an experience that so grabs our attention we go bananas just like little boys and get madly excited and start jumping around in the passionate rawness of what is happening.  This event called a horse race is actually a short deal and yet it can get us all so rejuvenated that we forget our old man's pain and our hellish loneliness.  I figure what took place at the Belmont Stakes was a provocative, delicious tonic emotionally for me and probably many others like me. Thank God our weird culture can take in so many colors of the artist's palette of passions.  A healthy, strong horse like California Chrome is a terrific celebration of life.  The most talked about animal at the Belmont this evening surely helped out all of us this fantastic gorgeous American evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.