Friday, August 17, 2012

Wardell Gray...Clever and Cool Tenor Guy

'THE SQUIRREL' so swings like a bop music enthusiast's dream.  Listening today to the robust tenor saxophone sounds of the intense Wardell Gray and My, My what a thrilling and remarkable set of concepts were sent to my somewhat of a curmudgeon's brain.  Wardell Gray creates firebrand bop jazz music that contains loads of zesty panache.  I feel good because two sidemen did good on this number, too.  These fellows were the exuberant Art Farmer on the trumpet and the very classy Hampton Hawes on the piano.  This shiny bop jazz puts a stirring kind of jazz gumbo into my rip-roaring Friday and I am now enthused by all these numerous blessings the Dear Lord lovingly provided me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.