Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Big Happy Father's Day!

 HAPPY FATHER"S DAY 2012!  It is Father's Day tomorrow and we all remember our Dads or  Daddies or Fathers, as some say.  Who are these human beings?  They are men with many layers of personalities.  I know my Daddy was a vigorous, hard-working man all his life having gone through the Depression and WWII.  Later when I got in the Air Force I remember the unusual look in his eyes when he learned I was going overseas.  It is complicated being a Daddy.  Do many of us recall the odd "hip" things we said to our Dads or do we like me recall the powerful and so emotional times with our Dads.  I remember sitting with my Dad in his Assisted Care Home and it was just after my Mother passed away.  I remember on that same strange night when I heard the sounds of him crying and trying to pray to his God who meant so much to him.  Many people do not realize how many dimensions there are in a man's personality....But one thing is for sure no matter what has happened or how unusual ....all these men are our Dads and as my Dad said one time about his Father (My Grandfather) "He was my Hero!"  God Bless All Our Fathers on this Beautiful and So Meaningful Time in our lives this thing we call FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.