Friday, January 6, 2012

A Son's Birthday

Today is special.  If he had lived my youngest son would be celebrating his 38th birthday, today.  He battled the horror and ravages of insanely brutal cancer for 13 months. His cancer started in the esophagus and then spread throughout him. We miss Gary our youngest son.  He was a kind man and a man of intense passion. He loved fine writing...was a writer himself....and also he loved art, movies and music and sports.  Many times we talked over the latest movies and also the classics. Today I went out in our yard and stood there looking at the tree (a memorial) we planted for our youngest son, Gary. He passed away on a rugged Sunday....It was March 13, 2005, the most horrible day I have ever had.. I miss my son Gary and My wife misses him so much also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.