Saturday, October 22, 2011

'Three Musketeers' Is A Fun Movie

I saw the new movie 'The Three Musketeers' yesterday. It was a fun experience. I read some pundits didn't like it because they thought it was sort of all over the place. But my thoughts are that this film was quite a delight, something with a lot of story "tone and imagery." I read the classic Musketeers novel long ago but seeing this new movie version made me enjoy the old Alexandre Dumas story again. The acting was good. I enjoyed the performances of Matthew Macfadyen as Athos and Milla Jovovich as Milady de Winter. Also, Orlando Bloom did very nice work as the Duke of Buckingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.