Monday, August 15, 2011

Jason Moran....Keyboardist with Pizazz

I love super jazz keyboard performers. This lovely Monday I enjoyed the finesse work of jazzman Jason Moran and his trio. The vibrant sound of quite lyrical jazz piano is extremely pleasurable. I have heard many versions of the standard 'Body and Soul' over the years. However, when I heard this version of the song it was so fresh and infused with profound delight that the thing propagated so much creativity in me. Also, one of the Jason Moran numbers -- a tune of a bluesy nature got me really smiling. Vivid, finesse-oriented keyboard work makes us appreciate shiny, provocative jazz even more.

1 comment:

  1. Jazz standards are amazing vehicles for vibrant, expressive musicality.

    ReplyDelete

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.