Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sonny Stitt, Gene Ammons: Good Jazz Guys

Sonny Stitt and Gene Ammons.....These two men are what we call profound mainstream jazz tenor players. Their free-wheelin' style using the brash big tones of the tenor saxophone....My, My....What great big remarkable sounds come about. This fine Tuesday, I listened to Gene Ammons and Sonny Stitt playing a lively up-tempo tune called 'You Can Depend on Me.' It was what I like to call super jazz listening. The kind of music that makes a man want to stand up and just ROCK OUT! Jazz music helps the emotions of the soul so very much. And let me say right now...the Boss Tenor Saxophones of Gene Ammons and Sonny Stitt are so profound and TRUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.