Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jackson Pollock Art Has Terrific Power

I think I'm going to write on art for a little while. Abstract art is so clever. you have to work at it to "get it" as the street folks say. Many times in my life I have been amused by how people react when you say you like brittle, odd abstract art. I know my mother used to only like mainstream art fellows like Renoir and Monet and perhaps T. Lautrec. Therefore, it tickled me when she got befuddled about the very idea that I would be enthralled by a social iconoclast like Jackson Pollock. Anyway I figure the decisive,emotional abstract art of Jackson Pollock has so much linear and vigorous mind processes with its intrinsic and certainly not coy essences of its "Action Painting." It sends one into a terrific sense of lucid happiness when one is engulfed by the bright and loud art of a miracle great man like the sensational Jackson Pollock.

1 comment:

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.