Friday, May 13, 2011

Grant Green, Lewis Grizzard...Happy Times

Fine, easin' right along jazz guitar music sure is interesting to me. Especially when the jazz guitar man is the super guy, Grant Green. I used to have a friend, an Atlanta writer named Lewis Grizzard. He used to write about enjoying all the good, simple pleasures of life. Well I remember the words of Grizzard and when I listen to great jazz guitar guys like Grant Green....well...my, my....it makes me really smile. Today, I massively enjoyed Grant Green playing that fabulous standard, 'My Favorite Things.' That made me a happy camper as us older souls say. On the Green work I was listening to they also had the ace of the keyboard, the marvelous individual, McCoy Tyner. That fella' can produce excellent keyboard jazz. Oh, Yeah! Oh my...this has been a so great Friday. Why yes indeed, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.