Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Bible and Culture Help Everyone

This is a culture and a thinking it all out blog. Sometimes, I wonder what all this culture and education and all the other things I have experienced...well, what do they all mean? Here in my part of Georgia we had rugged weather last evening. I got shook. When the gigantic winds and storms come it makes a soul mighty jumpy. But in the midst of all this it came to me that the experiences I got in my being sure helped me. I know that my religion and my having good literature teachers and history teachers and certainly arts teachers...well all those blessings are so helpful. This is especially true when you are so scared of oncoming tornado stuff and brutal, high-speed straight-line winds. I know that having a lot of passion in my inner soul truly makes me feel better. Having read the skillful and powerhouse writers like Norman Mailer and Philip Roth produced marvelous feelings in me and therefore I was able to deal with the wild parts of life. Also, lately I have read The Bible more and more. And especially beautiful and meaningful in turbulent times is just the act of sitting down and reading The Book of Proverbs. I am so thankful that today....Saturday...is a magnificent and tremendously beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.