Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Merle Haggard: The 'Okie' With Greatness

Deep down in me in my original Southwest Georgia male soul I am a big fan of what some guys call the "real" country music. Johnny Cash had this kind of greatness. But I figure one of the best of this group is the incredible Merle Haggard. The man had so much bristling, strong passion and he is powerful...he really charges you up when you hear his classic songs. Today was so great so I decided to dig Merle Haggard's two great ones...'Okie from Muscogee' and the strong-beat number...'Workin' Man's Blues.' This music brings back so many fantastic memories of the fine souls of Southwest Georgia. There is so much meaning in the fact of where one comes from and believe me a talented individual like Merle Haggard can really bring that good feeling out.

1 comment:

  1. FRANK, GREAT ARTICLE ON THE HAGG LOVE HIS MUSIC.
    ROBERT

    ReplyDelete

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.