Friday, January 7, 2011

'Pink Martini'.....Robust, Unique Music!

Exciting music can boost a person's spirits. This afternoon I listened to a fine, feisty musical aggregation from Portland, Oregon. The group has the name 'Pink Martini' which with a title like that naturally draws a robust man like me's attention. I heard a good performance by this merry group on late night tv the other night. So today I dug around and unearthed a great tune of theirs called...'Hey Eugene! This musical group has huge, plush sounds, nice use of horns and strings and superb percussion. The woman who sings their stuff is amazing, kind of a saucy blend of Gloria Estefan and Nancy Wilson in terms of styles. With this bizarre January weather I highly recommend 'Pink Martini,' a certainly fine group of musical souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.