Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mama, Thanksgiving and Southern Culture

This is a culture piece about my mother and Thanksgiving.

My mother was a marvelous and so creative South Georgia woman. She taught French in our town's High School. But for most of her years she was a social worker. Even though she had a good work ethic and labored hard she still had time foe making great Thanksgiving meals for my Daddy and me. There is very little as delightful as a wonderful, delicious Thanksgiving meal with succulent turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce and pecan pies and red velvet cakes for the desserts. I have so many lasting and very profound terrific memories of all those Thanksgiving meals my Mama made. I know that the holidays with all their hearty family memories are indeed an integral part of the Southern culture. Memories are a beautiful blessing for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.