Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lee Morgan and fine Blue Note friends

Blue Note classic jazz recordings are a huge favorite of mine. This great Sunday I listened to a superb Lee Morgan work on Blue Note...the recording was called 'Candy.' This joyful so mod jazz music was perfect for my feisty mood, today. It had great work by the remarkable Lee Morgan on trumpet, Sonny Clark on piano, Doug Watkins on the bass and Art Taylor on the drums. The work of these guys is indicative of shiny, so truthful jazz music and the energy of the sounds is so engaging. On this fine set there was also a very big favorite ballad of mine...'All The Way.' This tune made famous by the incomparable Frank Sinatra has always captivated me. I remember the lovely film with Mr Sinatra...the one called 'Pal Joey.' People, this beautiful song 'All The Way' was in that unusual beauty of a film. It has so much poignancy and sensitive tone and it has always made a huge emotional impact on me. Today when I heard the so eloquent jazz piano solo on this thing it sent me off into a state of massive happiness! Also, the trumpet of masterful jazz man, Lee Morgan was full of such terrific appeal on Morgan and company's interpretation of this jazz beauty of a song. This has been a wonderful, emotional and gorgeous Sunday and I am such a happy man with a great soulful feeling going on in my being!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.