Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th to Each and Every One of Us!

Happy July Fourth! This is a magnificent day in American culture. It is important because it is indeed Independence Day. I have so many wonderful memories of July 4th.

As a man of Georgia my people taught me early how to love country and be kind and proud but most of all have a lot of passion in everything you do. My Dad and my Mother would always cook up good hot dogs or burgers or barbecue and as a child I loved all the noisy fireworks and sparklers and all the happy fun times. As a father, I loved seeing my two sons and the happiness given on the magnificent day that is July 4th. The culture of we Americans is enriched with so many super things, our music, our big parades, our art...all of these elements of the fabric of our society are so laced with true meaning. And as a young man overseas I remember the times with fellow service people as we celebrated the 4th in foreign lands.

This is a great day. Let us all reflect on the joys that our freedom really means!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.