Sunday, February 21, 2010

Culture 'Kick Starts' Tickle My Fancy

Culture is difficult for men like me to grasp. When I was a young guy my brain was real straight ahead, cause I focused on my desires and I strove toward those ideas. But then one day I realized a man needs a kick start to make the adrenalin take off, one might say rev up the carbs in the human engine. I got reading a lot of Philip Roth and I also put myself in a heavy poetic mode reaing some Emily Dickinson and e.e. cummings and of course some Rupert Brooke (one of my mother's favorite poets). A gigantic cultural manifestation of joyous blessings also was listening to a lot of the great raspy music of Bob Dylan. And also lilting high voice of the superior woman Joan Baez just massively sent me into a many years blend of good moods. I love plenty of passion and I feel the provocative art of total American creative intellectuals like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez are such meaningful experiences for a woman or man to have. Our culture needs a feisty recipe of spicy Hungarian ghoulash to savor, in other words we all need continual rejuvenation of so many cultural channels for it is so vigorously good for all our searching souls, indeed fos us people who are trying to gain more shiny and vividly great profound meaning in our totality, a trip into the Mahler-oriented "stream of consciousness" of our beings as the literary giant, James Joyce might put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.