Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Tribute to Otis Redding, Soul Star

On this big night of New Year's Eve and the start of a brand new decade I went back to my soul, my Georgia man's deep feeling. In other words I listened tonight once again to the huge awe-inspiring wonderful sounds of the magnificent Georgia man, the fantastic Otis Redding. When he belts out a fine song like 'Dock of the Bay' or 'Try A Little Tenderness' it is so much soul the man serves up. I feel so energized now having my music from the man of soul and blues--Mr. Otis Redding. So many grand music men have come out of Georgia like James Brown, Ray Charles and Little Richard but Otis Redding stands way up there on the great musical pedestal. The man symbolizes wowee soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.