Friday, November 13, 2009

Joe Pass: The Wizard of Guitar

I got into giving a listen to some real elegance in jazz today. I dug the beautiful guitar sounds of Joe Pass. I have been taking guitar for some time and I have been working to get technique and tone going well. The amazing thing about Joe Pass is the fact he makes it all sound so easy. His smoothness and his long flowing guitar lines can really make a soul smile. Today, I just got delighted with Joe Pass and his version of the lovely, 'Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me.' Tremendous guitar playing is a marvelous joy for us jazz buffs to really love. It is particularly interesting that Joe Pass can also do a very fine job with good kickin' blues work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.