Wednesday, October 14, 2009

'Mastersounds' and Peterson: 'Fine' music

There's rain in my Georgia again. Had to have a change-up. Looked for something fresh. Good solid straight ahead jazz. Found something I had not heard for a long time. The jazz group was 'The Mastersounds' a fine cadre of musicians showcasing the grand work of the Montgomery Brothers. A friend of mine had reminded me of their fine work. The sounds of their renditions were just right. A solid pick-me-up for a rainy day. It's interesting how sparkling jazz can make us all smile. Also, I got into the strong "groove" music of the elegant Oscar Peterson. Indeed the sleek engaging work of Oscar Peterson can really thrill a person. 'The Mastersounds' and Oscar Peterson make my kind of music--highly complex and yet so emotional, so poignantly right. Jazz is a segment of the American culture that is so refreshing and so incredibly fulfilling. Lord bless the greatness that is jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.