Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween! Burrell, Green, 'Wow!'

Happy Halloween! It is a rainy day here in my part of North Georgia. Last night was so great, cause I went to my son's birthday dinner in Midtown Atlanta. Great fun and my two granddaughters were doing the joyful dance of the night before Halloween. The fella named me was so excited I went home and listened to two fave jazz guitar men, both musical giants of the guitar so "right-on" stream of style elegance. I mean the fabulous Kenny Burrell and Grant Green. The sound of the sleek Kenny Burrell has so much classic bop conception and the man, Grant Green has the comprehensive expressive guitar lines that make him a great guy in the interpretation of blues. I really love the way Kenny Burrell and Grant Green do wonders with ballads. Love Kenny Burrell's work on the haunting, 'Lament.' The huge building of well-grounded musicality in Mr. Burrell and Mr. Green is so wonderful. This creation of fascinating sounds is what drew me to the grand world of jazz guitar a long time ago. Good sounds, smiling children, the beautiful colors of fall--all of these make us give a big shout out once more: "Happy Halloween!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.