Monday, September 14, 2009

Hey People! Shelly Manne, Comedy Rocks

Jazz people with super abilities regarding the beat are a great experience. Shelly Manne is one of the fantastic folks. He is one of my all-time favorite drummers. The guy gets into a compelling shrewd sense of rhythm that tickles the fancies of one's brain. Today I was so busy but I had myself a downhome lunch...some meat loaf, mashed potatoes and okra and tomatoes. Man, good meat loaf hits the spot as my daddy used to say. Well, Lord it was so satisfying. Then I finally got to my place and started digging the sounds of Shelly Manne on drums along with fine sidemen like Conte Candoli on trumpet and Richie Kamuca, one fine tenor saxophone man. What a great overwhelming happy time for yours truly, the lean guy's brain. Comedy rocks. Love my comedy. Gonna have me a good time diggin' the marvelous one, Mr. Jay Leno tonight and then Lord all's goin' to be so terrific, so right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.