Friday, September 18, 2009

Gerry Mulligan, baritone saxophone giant

Today, I got into listening to some rather different jazz music. By that, I mean I got into really digging the strong jazz music of the quite innovative, Mr. Gerry Mulligan on baritone saxophone. I know the bari sax is quite hard to play, cause when I was a student many moons ago a close friend played the baritone saxophone and did a truly fantastic job. The guy went on to grand things getting some very high posts in university academic circles. When I truly got my noggin' into getting right in there with Mr. Mulligan's shiny jazz solos today, well Lord it was a gigantic good feeling. Listen to the super work on that big horn, the baritone saxophone and you'll find yourself having some good 'ole whoop it up musical funtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.