Monday, September 7, 2009

Bless the enormous Tenor Saxophone

I play saxophone, specializing in the big tenor. Also I manage some keyboard stuff and now I am trying my hardest at playing guitar. A long time ago, my teacher on the tenor saxophone kept harping on the importance of "tone." Later, I found out the crusty old guy knew what he was talking about. This afternoon, I got into listening to some of the extraordinary '64 stuff of Mr. Dexter Gordon who really knows how to put together some remarkable pulsing, huge saxophone grand sounds. Diggin' some pulsating, pumping good linear lines from D. Gordon has made my afternoon so wildly fresh and energetic and so dynamic. Lord bless the tenor saxophone great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.