Sunday, August 9, 2009

A grand and soulful beginning

This is the start of something insular, a new esthetic, an amalgam of art, jazz (of all dimensions) film and culture. The tone, indeed the sound of metro Atlanta has energized me for a long time. Even from back in the time when I first heard the brash, visceral exciting emotionalism of the great soulster James Brown. I remember the electrifying amazing tenor saxophone of the lean and panoramic genius of the northeast, the one and only John Coltrane. I recall also the first time I saw the marvelous pecadilloes of the certainly not arcane art wild source Mr. Kandinsky and the fantastic innovations of Mr. Jackson Pollock who brought us souls from southwest georgia into a new world as old a. huxley might say. I am trying oh great ones to get in touch with my soul and it is indeed a delicious feeling. The kicking, tripping marvelous blues of Buddy Guy and the fascinating string bass work of Blue Note grand man, one Paul Chambers, keeps me going on and on in a wide spectrum of art expeiences and man it is so good. Cap'n Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.