Monday, August 24, 2009

The shaking up that is our pop 'Culture'

Culture is a word that shakes up people. I have been trying to figure out the word for a terribly long time. But lately the point is some stuff is happening that makes this tricky sticky mass come together so much better. A shining new example of culture shock syndrome is the new film by one fine southern guy named Tarantino. His latest made beaucoup green over the 'ole weekend. It tickled me because since I am more of a Vietnam era guy. It at first didn't seem like a fine idea. But then it hit that this thing was a great idea. Culture brings many thoughts to mind. Why did it take so many rejections by all the great glam popular crowd to mess up so many aching creative souls? Maybe we all need more Gravity's Rainbow and Dubliners types to set us right. Come on Mad Men fix us up.I am glad that I have known huge hilarity hordes of decadent nihilists in my time for now that I have reached old E. Wharton's old 'age of reason" then I can jump up and go dancing madly into the JUMPING jiving Hunter Thompson night. I am so wildly happy I am still going since once upon a time I had a serious surgery back in '93 and yet I am still blissfully here. Don't be afraid to think. Believe me, there ain't nothing like it. Not even one little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.