Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blues style kings fix the motor up right

Played a little blues shuffle guitar this afternoon. It got my motor revved up. Felt so right, so I got into some potent Muddy Waters and Elmore James (man what blues artists, those two) and with that sensational music all was right with this old world. Went for a nice trip to see friends in south Atlanta environs yesterday. That was a nice change of pace. Why do I sound like such a pitcher, some iconoclast out of Malamud's 'Natural.' Nothing like the old hot jive blues rough-hewn music to put one back into the marvelous, cloudy mirrors memories of good places from a long time ago. It is hard to believe but another birthday is friday. In a mondo bizarro way well that feels so cool. So kickingly right on. The ascending harmonica sounds of Sonny Boy Williamson II helped me out today, also. Now if I can get me some good old spam for dinner. well man I'll be just clickin' moving on down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Writing

THE GOOD terse writing of Ernest Hemingway is a real joy.  He does not use too many adjectives.  His 'Torrents' is a fine tome.